Thursday, March 13, 2014

Crochet Blanket Edging - "Scallop"





Funny thing...every blanket I do becomes my new favorite!  I just love this "Scallop" stitch with the eyelet hole. Took me a while to come up with a stitch that I was pleased with and it does have three rows which takes a bit more time but I love the finished product.  This was my first time crocheting with nylon crochet thread...slippery stuff!  Took a bit of getting used to - the thread kept slipping off my crochet hook - by the time I figured out the stitch I'd figured out the thread as well. Be careful to not have your iron too hot when you press the finished product. 














CH:  chain
SC:  single crochet
DC:  double crochet
Use a size 5, 6, or 7 hook and crochet thread

"Scallop" - Row 1:  SC all around the outside edge of blanket.  Join.
                   Row 2:  *CH 3. SC in the next three chains. Repeat from *.
                   Row 3:  *8 DC in the large space.  SC in the middle stitch                          (skip one, SC, skip one)


No comments:

Post a Comment